Regenerative Farming & Your Health

Regenerative Farming & Your Health

What is regenerative farming?

Regenerative farming is a type of agriculture that focuses on repairing and regenerating the soil. It does this by using cover crops, compost, and other organic matter to improve the health of the soil.

Regenerative farming is a technique that is exactly how nature intended it to be; just like how the natural ecosystem works in the forests; where plants and trees get 98% of their nutrients from air, water and sunlight. The remaining 2% comes from good quality soil which has plenty of friendly microorganisms that are created due to years of mulching by fallen leaves and trees.

This covering of the soil by these fallen leaves create nutrients full of minerals, vitamins and phytochemicals for the plants and trees in the forest. Regenerative farming techniques use the same practices by trapping natural carbon from the environment and feeding it to the soil. Rebuilding the health of degraded soil organic matter and restoring degraded soil biodiversity resulting in improving the water cycle and carbon drawdown.

There are a number of ways to practice regenerative farming, but some of the most common methods include:

  1. Using cover crops
  2. Minimizing tillage
  3. Zero chemical inputs
  4. Crop rotation By rebuilding the soil

Regenerative farming can help to improve the overall health of the environment.

Is it good for the environment?

The most important aspect of regenerative farming practices is what it does to the health of Mother Earth. It does so by trapping natural carbon and help reducing greenhouse gas emissions from the environment, improving biodiversity of the soil and the water quality. Thus, making it a considerable contributor to reverse climate change.

Why is this farming practice gaining popularity?

Regenerative farming has been gaining popularity in recent years as a way to promote sustainable agriculture. Regenerative farming focuses on rebuilding the soil health so that it can retain the nutrients and water. A perfectly balanced soil is critically important to grow healthy crops. Soil has to have all the necessary minerals, micro-flora, friendly microorganisms and carbon, which is food for the soil itself and in turn for the crops. Regenerative farming practices also leverages the power of photosynthesis in plants. It also helps in crop resilience, enhancing tolerance to biotic and abiotic stresses, such as low temperature, little or excess water, heavy metals, ultraviolet radiation and high salinity - which hampers plant growth. Regenerative farming practices also helps enhance nutrient density in the crops. Due to which the crops are higher in nutrients and minerals, than those grown in soil lacking microorganisms. This has a number of health benefits, including improved digestion and a stronger immune system.

How is regenerative farming good for your health?

There is growing evidence that regenerative farming can improve the health of the people who eat the food grown on these farms. One study found that people who ate food from a regenerative farm had lower levels of inflammation in their bodies. Inflammation is a key factor in many diseases, including heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. Another study found that people who ate food from a regenerative farm had better gut health. The gut is home to trillions of bacteria, which play a key role in human health. Improving gut health can help protect against diseases such as obesity, heart disease, and diabetes. If you're looking for ways to improve your health, consider consuming produce grown using regenerative farming practices. This type of naturally grown produce can help to improve your digestion, immune system, and overall health. By consuming food produce that is grown naturally using regenerative farming practices we are not just saving the environment but also steadily regaining our natural form of health, exactly how Mother Nature intended it to be.


Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published