Chingri Macher Malai Curry
- 500g large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3-4 green cardamom pods
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped for garnish
- Heat the mustard oil in a pan over medium heat. Once it is hot, add the cumin seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon sticks, and green cardamom pods. Cook for one minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the finely chopped onions and fry until they are translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and grated ginger to the pan and fry for a minute.
- Add the turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and red chili powder to the pan and fry for a minute.
- Add the peeled and deveined shrimp to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the coconut milk into the pan and stir well.
- Add salt to taste and let the curry simmer for 5-7 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with steamed rice.
Enjoy your delicious Chingri Macher Malai Curry for lunch or dinner!