Skip to content
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 tbsp ghee (backlink)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2-3 cloves
- 2-3 cardamom pods
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-inch ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup of cashew and raisins
- Salt, to taste
- Rinse the rice thoroughly and soak it in water for 30 minutes.
- Heat ghee (backlink) in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Fry cashew and raisins and remove them on a plate.
- In the same pan add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and bay leaf. Sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add onions, garlic, and ginger to the saucepan and sauté until the onions turn translucent.
- Add peeled green peas and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain the soaked rice and add it to the saucepan. Mix well.
- Add 2 cups of water and salt to the saucepan. Bring it to a boil.
- Once the water starts boiling, cover the saucepan and reduce the heat to low. Let it cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked and the water has evaporated, fluff the rice with a fork.
- Garnish the rice with fried cashew and raisins.
- Serve hot with your favorite vegetarian or non-vegetarian curry.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device