Aloo Gobhi in Mustard Oil
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, chopped into small cubes
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-inch ginger, grated
- 2-3 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp wood pressed mustard oil
- Salt to taste
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Heat the mustard oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the onions and sauté until they turn golden brown.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and green chilies and sauté for a minute.
- Add the potatoes and cauliflower, along with all the spices and salt.
- Mix well and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Lower the heat, cover the pan, and let the curry simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with rice or naan.
Note: Mustard oil has a strong flavor and aroma, so if you are using it for the first time, start with a small amount and adjust according to your taste. Also, make sure to use only food-grade mustard oil, as some varieties of mustard oil are not recommended for consumption.