- 1½ cups Basmati Rice
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Turmeric Powder
- 1½ tbsp Desi Ghee
- 2 cups Vegetable broth or water
- Salt to taste
- Rinse the Basmati rice and soak it in water for 30 minutes
- Heat the desi ghee in a pot. Add garlic and sauté
- Add cumin seeds and fry for a few minutes
- Now add rice to the mixture and fry for 2-3 minutes
- Add Himalayan Turmeric powder with vegetable broth/ water and salt and mix well to distribute the spice throughout the rice.
- Cover and cook over medium-high flame till the rice starts to boil
- Let it simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes or until the rice is cooked.
Garnish with a wedge of lime and chopped fresh coriander leaves or even some crisp fried onions. Serve this bright yellow rice with a side dish of potato curry or Chicken curry.